25 Easy Ways To Facilitate Bolt Chain
25 Easy Ways To Facilitate Bolt Chain bolt chain
Could Richard Sherman end up in a Chargers uniform? by Travis Wakeman
Ranking Tom Telesco’s abstract circuit with the Chargers by Tyler Schoon
Bolt Beat’s Scott Iger already discussed the abstraction of trading for Seahawks chargeless assurance Earl Thomas a few weeks ago.
But a lot has afflicted aback then. The “NFL barter tsunami” is advancing to fruition. And attractive at the contempo deals, it makes you wonder: Could the Chargers access Thomas afterwards giving up a king’s ransom?
The Kansas City Chiefs traded CB Marcus Peters and a 2018 sixth-round aces to the Los Angeles Rams in barter for a 2018 fourth-round aces and 2019 second-round pick. The backstab Pro Bowler and ancient first-team All-Pro is 25 years old and has the best interceptions (19) in the alliance aback 2015. He’s played in all but three amateur aback entering the league. Peters is in the final year of his amateur accord and will accomplish $1.7 actor in abject bacon (fifth-year advantage has yet to be best up).
The Rams additionally acquired CB Aqib Talib from the Denver Broncos in barter for a 2018 fifth-round pick. Despite actuality 32 years old, Talib followed up a ascendant year in 2016 with accession solid achievement in 2017. He’s been durable, too, accepting played at atomic 15 amateur in three of his four seasons with Denver. He active a six-year, $57 actor arrangement aback in 2014 and will accomplish $11 actor in abject bacon in 2018.
The Miami Dolphins traded WR Jarvis Landry to the Cleveland Browns in barter for a 2018 fourth-round aces and 2019 seventh-round pick. Landry is 25 years old, has yet to absence a bold and led the alliance in receptions (112) this accomplished season. Landry was accustomed the authorization tag afore actuality traded, so he’s appointed to accomplish $16 actor in 2018 unless he and the Browns appear to agreement on a abiding extension. The Browns additionally traded a 2018 third-round aces to the Buffalo Bills for 28-year-old QB Tyrod Taylor and alien 2017 second-round QB DeShone Kizer to the Green Bay Packers for CB Damarious Randall, which additionally included swapping fourth- and fifth-round selections in the 2018 draft.
Peters and Talib are two of the top cornerbacks in the league. It’s attenuate to see a barter like that happen, abnormally with cornerback actuality one of the best admired positions in the league. However, Peters, who was abeyant one bold aftermost year due to on-field antics, was acceptable on HC Andy Reid’s aftermost nerve, and the closing apparently took whatever accord was on the table. As for Talib, he is additionally a bit of a arch case (or alternation affliction I should say), but Denver is in abatement and he wanted to comedy for aloft Broncos DC Wade Phillips, who is now the DC for the Rams–and the Rams appear to accept a appropriate bulk of cap space. The NFL is a business, and access do matter. Meanwhile, the Dolphins had no ambition of giving Landry a abiding contract, and advantageous $16 actor for a aperture receiver is way too abundant for any aggregation to booty on..unless you’re the Browns and accept the best cap amplitude in the NFL.
Despite all the abundant statistics that came with anniversary amateur listed above, there was a case fabricated for why they were traded, as able-bodied as why the sellers didn’t get abundant in return.
So what about Thomas? At first, it seemed unlikely. But let’s booty a attending at why it seems added and added reasonable:
1) The Seahawks are authoritative changes. Longtime CB Richard Sherman and DE Michael Bennett are no best on the team. SS Kam Chancellor’s career is in catechism afterwards adversity a austere close abrasion aftermost year. Thomas could attending to move on.
2) Thomas, a six-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro, is an aristocratic chargeless safety, but he comes with abrasion apropos as of late. Afterwards six beeline seasons of arena in all 16 games, he absent seven absolute amateur over the aftermost two years due to a burst leg and a pulled hamstring. While he should accept a ton of football larboard in him, he does about-face 29 years old in May. That, additional a abysmal assurance class, could accomplish him dispensable and affordable.
3) The assurance position is not as admired as the cornerback position, and the Rams didn’t accept to pay a appealing penny to get Peters and Talib. Can’t altercate that actuality people.
4) Chargers DC Gus Bradley was Thomas’ DC aback he was a affiliate of the Seahawks from 2009-12 (Thomas was a amateur in 2010). Thomas would feel appropriate at home in Bradley’s scheme.
5) Thomas is appointed to accomplish $8.5 actor in abject bacon in the final year of his accord and will absolutely appetite a raise. Do the Seahawks appetite to pay him? Can they? DT Sheldon Richardson could bulk them a appropriate bulk to accompany back, and they arguably accept added holes to ample than the Chargers do. If you’re the Seahawks, accepting article in acknowledgment is bigger than potentially accepting annihilation already he becomes a FA.
At the moment, the Chargers accept a charge at chargeless safety. Aftermost year’s starter, Tre Boston, is an complete chargeless agent. Afterwards clearing for a one-year deal, Boston could command added money than the Chargers are accommodating to pay him. He may be alone 25 years old, but he’s boilerplate abreast the blazon of amateur Thomas is. Thomas’ aptitude and administration is unmatched. From a numbers standpoint, Boston accomplished with 79 accumulated tackles, bristles interceptions and eight canyon deflections aftermost year, which were career highs in all three categories; Thomas had 88 accumulated tackles, two picks, seven canyon deflections and one arresting touchdown. However, Thomas graded out as Pro Football Focus’ ninth-best safety, admitting Boston was PFF’s 30th-best safety.
After all of this, what would the Chargers accept to accord up to get Thomas?
I anticipate that if the Chargers offered CB Jason Verrett and a 2018 fourth- or fifth-round pick, the Seahawks would bite. Seattle needs corners afterwards absolution Sherman and Jeremy Lane. Verrett is advancing off accession injury, but he’s one of the bigger cornerbacks out there and is alone 26 years old (age will sell). The Chargers best up Verrett’s 2018 option, so he’s additionally appointed to accomplish $8.5 actor in abject salary. The Chargers already accept a leash of top-15 corners in Casey Hayward, Trevor Williams and Desmond King. As abundant as I like Verrett, the Chargers can feel safe affective on from the aloft TCU artefact and, added importantly, ample the aperture at safety.
The Chargers are contenders. They accept a ton of weapons on offense, ascendant canyon rushers on aegis and a accessory that is abysmal and on the rise. Addressing both curve and the linebacker position is still key, but the accession of Thomas would put the Bolts over the top.
And afterwards seeing what aloof occured with those added trades, annihilation can happen.